Ruwaad's holding company, Dubai 9 Group, is heavily involved in the business of farmland development and agriculture through its associate company, Malaika Agriculture Development Co. Malaika enjoys the management expertise of some of the most renowned farmland developers internationally, and is primarily focused on:
1. Farmland Development for cereals, staple-foods, wheat, rice, maize, palm oils, etc.
2. Water Development
3. Technological Development
4. Environment Conservation
5. Rural Development
6. Food Processing & Packaging
7. Food Marketing / Trading
8. Organic Food Production
Through each of its agri-development schemes, Malaika introduces numerous benefits to the host city/locality such as:
1. Deployment of internationally renowned efficiency-enhancing technological processes/ practices to improve the country’s productive output.
2. Transfer of knowledge to local farmers
3. Reduced dependence on imports for many cereals/staple-foods/others.
4. Increased productivity through enhancement of the value chain of major food products.
5. Job creation for local farmers
Currently Malaika is engaged in development projects in various countries in East Africa, West Africa and Southern Africa.